Subscriber Information Notice:
- This cable system collects and maintains the following personally identifiable information concerning subscribers: Billing records; service, maintenance and repair records; optional service subscription information; marketing survey information; subscriber complaints.
- The following persons have access to such information when necessary in connection with our business. Access is often as necessary and may be on a day to day basis: Cable system employees; cable system sales agents; businesses, which provide services to the cable system, such as our accountants, program services, which will periodically audit subscription information; representatives of licensing authority.
- The cable system will not maintain such information after it is no longer necessary for carrying on our business.
- As a subscriber, you may review any personnel information held by us, which pertains to you. You must give ten (10) business days written notice if you wish to review such information, in order to give us an opportunity to locate, and if necessary prepare such information for review. (Preparation is sometimes necessary to avoid disclosure of information relating to other subscribers). If you wish to review your personal information, please contact us by letter to arrange for a review.
- You may request correction of any errors in personal information, which we collect or maintain pertaining to you.
- We may not, nor do we presently use the cable system to collect any personal identifiable information other than information necessary to carry on our business or detect theft of service, unless you consent.
- We may not, nor do we disclose personally identifiable information except as is necessary to carry on our business unless you consent or unless we are required to do so by court order. See paragraph 9 for more details.
- Any person aggrieved by any act of a cable operator in violation of this section may bring civil action in a United States District Court.
- If we are served with a court order requiring disclosure of personally identifiable information concerning a subscriber, we will inform the subscriber before any information is released. Under certain circumstances, a government entity may seek a court order to obtain personally identifiable information from the cable system concerning a subscriber. The subscriber must be given an opportunity to contest issuance of such an order.